Safety is a key priority at South Muskoka Sailing School. Safety measures include the following:
- All new students must pass a swim test before admission to the program
- Students are required to wear lifejackets at all times in boats
- The instructors have the swimming and first aid qualifications necessary for teaching sailing
- All South Muskoka sailboats have adequate flotation, and instructors monitor on the water activity at all times
- The school site has mobile phone access to the local hospital
We are proud of our safety record over the past 40 years. Should you have any questions or concerns regarding our safety procedures, we encourage you to contact one of the Co-Head Instructors, Sailing School Director, or the Commodore.